• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

tried posting pics

mike y.

Inactive
Well I got the pics of a Winchester Model 12, I'm posting on the firing line to sell. Message was sent, o.k. Where did it go? I can't find it. The title I put was Winchester Model 12 from Mike Y. It went to The Firing Line but now I can't find it. Any ideas? Also tried it another way but they want the URL for the pictures, but there is no URL. Thanks Mike Y.

tried?

to the TheBluesMan - Tried to do it the way you stated in your response but when I delete that stuff in the box and right click in the box for the menu the only ones I can get to are undo, delete and select all. cut, copy and paste appear very faint and when I key on them, nothing happens. I'm lost. Thanks Mike Y.

Hi Mike,

I get the feeling you're new to this whole computer thing, so let's start at the beginning. :)

Do you have this photo stored on your home computer or is it on the Internet somewhere?

If on your home computer, there is one set of instructions.

If on the Internet, there is a different set of instructions.

Lemme no.

Bluesman: Pics?

I have my pics stored on my home computer under my documents. How can I get them attached to The Firing Line ads I want to place? Tried to use attach button but for some reason they won't work. Appreciate you help or anyone elses help as well.

Have you both followed the instructions in the thread TheBluesMan linked to above (post #2)? It is the "Posting pictures" sticky thread in this forum.

tried his posting

When I deleted the bottom line of the client script, because my pitures have no URL and then he said to right click and on the menu, click on paste, but the paste, on my computer, looks rather dim and when I click on it, nothing happens. This was what TheBluesMan suggested.At least I think so. Mike Y.

You're trying to attach a pic like it's hosted on the Internet. Since it isn't, you need to follow the directions at the beginning of the thread I linked to before.

Here's what you need to do:
OnTheFly said:
As long as the image you want to display fits the following restrictions...

bmp 97.7 KB
gif 97.7 KB
jpeg 244.1 KB
jpg 244.1 KB
pdf 390.6 KB
txt 170.9 KB

...then you can click the "Attachments" button (
attach.gif
) and upload the image. Use the "Browse" function to find the picture on your system. Press "Upload" after the picture file name is shown. Wait until the upload has completed, then close the Attachment window. Finally press the Submit button that is below the "Additional Options" box after all of your text and attachments are to your liking.

I gotta ask, Mike - since your attempts at posting pics in your Win Model 12 thread all failed, did you really figure it out? In your earlier attempts, you were trying to link to a file on your own computer. Can you imagine how bad that would be if it could be done easily? To reiterate what several have said, you have to upload the file first and then you can link to it.

caught

I did sell the model 12, close to my price but no I didn't figure out how to download the pictures. That is the truth. I gotta give you credit, Mal H. Thanks again for all your help, Mike Y.

Back