tried out my Makarov

RHC

Having read so much about them I decided I needed to have one, and I found a nice German one at a gun show. (For complicated historical reasons I wanted a German one.)

I put a few rounds through it today. Very nice! The single action trigger was very smooth, recoil was quite mild, and accuracy OK. I had a little more trouble hitting in double action, but I only fired a few rounds, and no doubt I'll get used to it when I have time to run a couple of boxes through it.

It sits great in the hand and points very naturally. I've read criticism of the red plastic grips, but I like the way they feel.

Money well spent!

Congratulations RHC on your purchase. I to own a EG Mak. and use it as my back-up. Accuracy is quite good for what the pistol was intended for. I also like the "red grips" for there looks and narrow profile. Loaded with proper defensive ammo ( Cor-Bon in my case ) it makes a formidable weapon.

Frenchy

Mine tossed more gunk in my face tonight

I think Corbons get beformed by the recoil while in the mag and over-pressure screws things up. On the bright side, that $6 Russian JHP works fine, in spite of looking like the holes were made with a Dremel.

"for complicated historical reasons"- I know what thats like!I would love to get my fiance a Makarov,but her being an Afghan,i need to avoid anything that has a Soviet connection.

I didn't realize the EG Mak's came with the red plastic grips, all the ones I've seen, including both of my EG Mak's, came with black grips.

You are correct! The standard grip for the EG is black. I have the red ones on mine because I like them better.

Back