Tried my Fast Fire III at a match today.

AzShooter

I've been practicing and have had no problems with my new Fast Fire III. I found the dot to be bright and real nice at 3 moa for shooting bulls eye targets but today I took it to a match.

It was very hard to pick up in the bright sun. Really had a hard time on weak hand unsupported stage so I think I'm going back to my C-More with the 8 minute dot. Especially for steel.

Oh well, a learning experience.:popcorn:

Attachments

• 929 w C-More background eliminated  375 k.jpg
    929 w C-More background eliminated 375 k.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 929 w Burris Moons 350k.jpg
    929 w Burris Moons 350k.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
You've simply selected the wrong sight for your application. Depending on what type of shooting you're doing, a small dot may work for one type of target/event and a larger dot for another target/event. I've shot speed events using a smaller dot simply because the targets were small but still needed to be shot quickly. I've had excellent results with the FF3 for this and they also worked better than the larger dots for load development and hunting. Big dots, such as the 8moa work better for very large targets where accuracy requirements are minimal. Just depends on the need.

3 MOA is too small for action pistol, it's for hunting. You want to stay with 7 or 8 MOA. Keep in mind that 3 MOA is .3" diameter at 10 yards, and in sunlight, it's pretty impossible to find, you just have to use the "window" on the dot.

Back