Transporting gun through no gun zone

czfonz

Lets say I'm going to the range. Is it ok to drive through a non-gun friendly area. Such as this...I live in an area in Illinois which is ok to transport a gun and so is the range i visit, but to get to the range I pass through Chicago.

Or scenario #2.....what if the range is close by but I choose to go out of my way and pick up a buddy that lives in Chicago then go to the range.

p.s. if you dont know...chicago is very anti gun...I think even cook county is also a gun hating county. (county that chicago is in)

You have too reserch illinois law for transportation regulations. For instance Indiana requires a permit to transport a handgun in a car exceptions being from point of purchas to home or from home to and form a gun smith otherwise not legal.
Also legal to carry in ones car with a permit on school grounds as long as one remains inside the vehicle at all times.
Another is its OK to carry a firearme into a school if one has written permission from the addministrator.

I know its legal to transport a firearm in illinois as long as its in a case and unloaded in the trunk, but what im not sure of is driving through or picking someone up from chicago. (big gun hating city)

Back