Transporting a handgun through SC and NC

Hades

I am traveling to NC to see my parents. I am taking my Handgun. What are the laws for carrying it while in these states?

Thanks for the help

Hades,
Not sure if this area will help you, but if you go to the top of TFL choices and choose "Library", you will find a section entitled "State Firearm Laws"

Hades,
I live in SC. You may have the handgun either in the glovebox or center console, loaded or not, as long as the door is shut (not locked, just closed), or it can be carried in the vehicle's trunk. If you have a CCP, better check to see if you state has reciprocity with SC. Best bet is to carry it in the center console; it's legal and it's quicker to access there anyway.

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard
The Shottist's Center forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc

I live in NC and work in SC. North Carolina ; the handgun must be visible, loaded or not. I carry mine on the front seat. In SC, it must be in a closed glove box, a closed console, or in the trunk, loaded or not. Also, the NRA website has a link for gun laws in all states. Hope this helps :)
Stan

------------------
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
Adolph Hitler, 1935

Back