Trail Boss?

popeye

Picked up a 629-4 S&W TRAIL BOSS. Never saw one before. 3" barrel, Magna Ported, Lanyard loop. Anybody else have one?

Came this close a few months back. :(

Atoned for the error of not buying it by picking up a 3" MagnaPorted 629-1 a couple of gun shows later. :)

Nice guns. Enjoy!

Yep, I have a trail boss................

and have had it for about two years. It has performed well and is a delight to carry. A word of caution though. The short, ported barrel makes for an outrageous sound. Ear protection is a must. My son-in-law didn't listen to me and his ears were ringing for two days - no kidding. When he shoots it now the first thing he takes care of is ear protection. Otherwise a fine fun all around.

I use it as a "pillow gun" when camping in bear country (after a bear knocked down one end of my partner's tent while he was sleeping in it). Good backup if a collapsed tent prevents you from maneuvering your shotgun or rifle.

I chronographed some of Cor Bon's 320 gr penetrators out of it and they averaged about 1075 fps. Not bad for a barrel that short and a hunk of lead that big.

I offer an awesome 280g WLN at an honest 1200fps, and a super-accurate 255g WFN at 1000-1090fps from S&W Mountain Guns.

Your results may vary (but not the price).

Took my Trail Boss to an indoor range tonight. Wore ear plugs and muffs. Loud is not the word. Got a lot of ugly stares fom other shooters after 18 rounds.

Back