Traffic stop question

Shadi Khalil

Good morning gang,

I had an interesting experince today. I went out to eat with my some of family today and girl from work. It was me, my mother, father, sister, little brother and two neices and work girl. We were all piled in my sisters van, My sister was driving. Well on the way home we get pulled over on the highway. The tropper told my sister he stopped her for speeding, took her DL and reg. and came back with a warning. Here's the problem, I was carrying (legally) and I didnt say anything to the tropper. I wasent sure what I was obligated to do under the law since I wasent driving. I didnt want to say anything for several reasons. 1) girl from work doesnt know I'm a firearmsphile yet, definetly doesnt know I carry from time to time 2) My necies in the car, i did not want to cause any sort of alarm or hold us up any longer (they are 2 adn 4 and were already really fussy in the resturant) 3) we had just come from a resturant that was serving booze, I didint think about it when we left and I couldnt leave it in the car so I just wore it in (no,no in VA). I was afraid the cop might ask where we were coming from and heading (which he did) put two and two together..... So I just sat there and didnt say anything. I looked around online but couldnt really find anything...Anybody know the law? I'm in VA, btw......

I didint think about it when we left and I couldnt leave it in the car so I just wore it in (no,no in VA).

Besides being unarmed, why couldn't you have left it in the car?

EDIT: Just realized it wasn't your car. Sticky situation.

Yeah, wasent my car. I was afraid my sister might go out in the lot to change the baby and the 4 year old goes along, starts digging around...It was all ill planned on my behalf. I've gotten so used to my 239 now I'm slowly becoming a full time carrier. At least on the weekends...

Back