Traditions Tracker 209 with Blackhorn 209?

amathis

Hello folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew about using Blackhorn 209 with a Traditions Tracker 209 muzzleloader. It appears I have the wrong breech plug, but just want to confirm. If so, is it possible to swap out the breech plug for one that I can use the BH209?

Thanks!

Upon further reasearch, I have come to the conclusion that BH209 in the Traditions 209 is unsafe. I'll be getting a Thompson/Center as a replacement firearm.

Can you qualify or explain ???

Upon further reasearch, I have come to the conclusion that BH209 in the Traditions 209 is unsafe. I'll be getting a Thompson/Center as a replacement firearm.
amathis; For those who own a Tracker Would you qualify this statement? If there are safety issues, we sure "need" to know. I thank you, Sir !!! :)

Be Safe !!!

the trackers breech plug does not work with BH209 and the rifle is an open top, plunger design which is unsafe to use with blackhorn209 as the blow back COULD launch the primer into the shoots head/face area when the rifle goes off. Correct bolt actions and of course break action inlines are safe with BH209 and the primer deal.

You can always call western powders and ask for a better, more in detail description.

Back