Traditions 1860 Army .44

FrontierGander

She came in this evening while I was away! Its a beauty! I bought it from Traditions but its actually made by Pietta. Trigger pull is superb, under 2lbs at least. Locks up tight, wedge key is REALLY tight to the point where I have to use a smaller hammer and tap it into place. Good wood grain on it to. I was worried about the wood not being good when I ordered it but that was just me over worrying like always. Beautiful bore as well, shiny and crisp.

I'll get more pictures tomorrow in good lighting. Its already loaded for tomorrow after I do some work on the jeep motor we are rebuilding :eek: Darn toys always arrive when you have other toys to work on!
img_3210.jpg

img_3211.jpg

Nice gun, thanks for sharing! Pietta has really upped their ante these past couple years. I have no doubt that you'll have a ton of fun with your 1860 Army.

I bought one of these last year. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a decent-grouping load for it. I think I worked from 15 grains up to 30, using 3F Shuetzen. Goex is a better powder though.

Steve

Pietta makes a great 1860, BUT they shoot high.Most I have
owned, 6" high.Two things can be done.Deepend the hammer
sight & lower the top of hammer sight by grinding or install a taller front sight.

I cut a dove tail in mine & install a dove tail sight inplace
of the stock front sight.TT:D

I only got to shoot her 12 times but man was it fun! 15 grains turned out to be inaccurate but still could hit a man size target at 12 yards without any trouble. I did flinch on one shot and missed the body lol, god only knows why. Theres no recoil at all with 15 grains 3f goex.

I bumped it up to 20 grains 3f goex and boy she fell right into place!

15gr
IMG_3227_zps13873e59.jpg

20gr
IMG_3238_zps84842dfc.jpg

IMG_3228_zpsc2ca1061.jpg

IMG_3235_zps0bb88f83.jpg

IMG_3234_zpsd5121d87.jpg

Back