Traditional New Year's Dinner

Mikey

Just got done with the traditional Southern New Year's Dinner - hog jowl, black-eyed peas and turnip greens (with some cornbread and other stuff thrown in for good measure)!

This gets us all (the whole family is here) set for another year of good luck, good health and good fortunes.

How many others celebrate New Year's Day this way?

Mikey

Count me in. Have y'all found hog jow's as addictin' as I have? I've gotten to where I have cravin's for 'em quite often. :)

------------------
Screw the Anti's!!

I et so dang many I bleeve my blood type is 10W-40! In the mornin' there will prolly be an oil slick in the terlet. Splashed 'em greens with a bait of pepper sauce to...mmmm, mmm.

Mikey

got to have pepper sauce on dem there greens and peas too. hot damn!!! now that der is eatin' boys! ooooooeeeeee! just talkin' 'bout dem vettals is a makin' me hungry again! they is learapin'! com'on fusby, fetch ya' a up a char, sit down and getcha some of this grub boy! it'll grow hair on yor chest!!! :)

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

My wife has introduced me to the custom of eating sauerkraut on New Year's Day. I guess it's a Yankee thing. :)

Back