Trading The Century Arms C39V2 AK For A Stag Arms Model 6 AR-15?

adn258

So in a different threat I talk about The C39V2 I have that has about 100 rounds through it. I just bought an Arsenal SAM7SF in replacement of the C39V2. I wanted to sell or trade my C39V2. I found a gentleman that has (made in 2005) but says it has been fired 200 times or less A Stag Arms Model 6 Varminter. He is including a mediocre scope with it (scope is worth about 60 bucks).

It seems like a FAIR trade to me in terms of the values of the guns being about the same used etc. I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on this or a Stag Model 6? They seem like decent AR15s that are relatively accurate? It has a fixed stock (which I like) and a hogue handguard etc. Opinions?

MC 1911 that's what I think too! Plus stag seems like a decent AR that's unique. Cost wise they also seem close!

For value I think the stag is probably a more expensive rifle than the century. Stag makes good rifles so I would be ok there.

My question would be twist rate and what you want to use the gun for. If you prefer to shoot lighter bullets like 55s and under anything up to 1:12 should be ok. If your wanting to shoot heavier than 55s, I would want nothing less than a 1:8, which it probably does not have...

Shadow9MM brilliant advice as always! I finished the trade with this gentleman today. He had a lot of ARs and wanted more AKs. He also threw in the scope and the rifle case it came in. The scope isn't great, but it's a fine starter one. The swivel stud on the end I adapted my ATG tactical bipod too. I did get a chance to shoot it, and it functions flawlessly and accurately! Of course I put a sling on it too. Every rifle needs some sort of sling lol.

As a matter of fact, it's one of the best trigger pulls I've had in an AR. It's an adjustable 2 stage. The trigger pull is very, very, light. In fact it's almost too light. Obviously safety is a must 100% of the time always keep a straight trigger finger out of that trigger guard, use the manual safety when you stop firing, keep it safely pointed etc. Anyway, here is what it looks like, yes on my dinner table your welcome lol:

20201213-153845.jpg

Looks like a sweet rifle. Always been a sucker for the A2 style fixed stocks. Sounds like you got a good deal, especially with that trigger. Enjoy and post some groups when you get a chance!

Will do Shadow9mm. I've really appreciated your help and advice with the replacement of the C39V2 and I'll post about the Sam7SF eventually too when that arrives at my FFL.

How are things going across the country almost in Indianapolis Indiana?

Got the covid, been stuck in the house. For me it was just a real bad cold that did not want to go away. Feeling better the past several days but I'm still stuck until Tuesday. Called a few stores in my area, no primers to be had, some powders, but I would need to drive 2hrs to get what I am wanting. Might have to next week. Working up some 9mm loads and did a batch of 300 223s so I can go to the range when I am free. I had 150 small pistol primers left, just enough to play around with some powders and start working up some loads. doing a LOT of reading. All over in TFL and a few other placed, I should have a masters degree between google and youtube my now lol.

I had an arsenal a SGL series in 7.62x39 years back. paid $700 for it. Was a fantastic rifle. Arsenal makes a very very good ak. Mine shot 1moa with wolf. The sight rail and scope mounting was a royal pain and mad the gun kind of awkward. try to stay as light on weight as you can with the rail and optic.

Last edited:
Shadow9mm sorry you got the virus man. It seems like everyone everywhere is getting it by the millions of course. My Aunt and Uncle just got it and they're still getting better. My Aunt had to get a blood transfusion though because it was pretty bad in her case.

I work as a transit operator (driving a public bus system for my city). I'm in close quarters with hundreds of people a week! I'm amazed that I somehow haven't got it; go figure? If I did get it somehow perhaps I didn't know I had it. Somehow I doubt that though, the feeling is I will get it any day now which is not something I'm looking forward to obviously even at age 32.

I need to get into reloading and get the equipment etc. The Lee Classic Turret Press is where I think I'll start! Like you just said though, you can't hardly find primers either. You have to wonder how long this ammo shortage will last?

Unfortunately, I'm thinking it could last quite awhile; perhaps even years......we are living in scary times friend.

No telling when or if things will settle down. With Obama thing got scarce for a couple of years before really coming back. Make the best of it you can. As someone in another thread said these ARE the good ol day, or will be down the road. I'm just trying to make the best of what I have and can get, no sense in waiting.

Now is a good time to research powder and loads and prep brass while hunting supplies

Not to be a downer, but personally I would skip on the Lee press. I would save up a bit more and get something like a RCBS, Lyman, Redding. You get what you pay for and in my opinion a press is not an area to cut cost. It will be the foundation of your loading system. Don't get me wrong Lee makes a very cost and or budget oriented options, they do work, but in my experience I have ended up replacing just about every lee product I have bought with something nicer sooner or later, usually sooner... Again not trying to be a downer or an elitist, or pushy. That is just my personal opinion from my experience, take it with a grain of salt and for whatever you thing its worth.

I am currently researching progressive presses . I'm hoping to get one around tax time 2021. With my single stage press and electronic scale I am at 50min to 1hr to load 100 5.56 rounds. From talking to guys here, with a progress press, i should be able to crank out 100rnds in 10min.

Lee hand press to RCBS Rock Chucker
LEE 223 dies, got RCBS X-dies on backorder
30-06 dies, going to replace with hornady after Christmas
Lee die lock rings with hornady lock rings, they were the first thing to go.
Lee priming tool, only feeds CCI primers well, looking for a new priming tool now.

Lee things I would recommend,
universal depriming die. I deprime before tumbling, cleans the primer pocket and brass before resizing

I ordered a Lee perfect powder measure, it was $26. I expect it will work ok, and will be replaced within 1yr with a better one, but it was cheap, and in stock and measuring powder on a scale is tedious and the most time consuming part of the actual loading process.

I would recommend you start a thread in the reloading section asking about turret press recommendations. I'm sure there are a LOT of people in here with a lot of experience with lee and other turret presses and could tell you a lot more about the pros and cons of each.

Last edited:
Good job on the trade, I'd definitely make that deal.
On the plus side, you can get a 20" A2 front sight flat top with carry handle and have both a Varmiter
and A4 clone.

Back