Traded Rossi for Wiley Clapp .357...

Sturmpanzer

The Rossi was ok...no problems, but was concerned about longetivity with it..so I bought a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp version..blued.. Fantastic pistol...just wish it had night sights as an option...

Which Rossi? I have the 461 and 462. Great compact little 6 shooters. I slicked up the action on both and they literally have better triggers than a couple sw performance center revos that I own.

I’d love to add a Wiley Clapp GP100 to the collection.

It's a fantastic carry revolver...trying to find night sites or at least a fiber optic type for the front post...no luck... It's no big deal...just wish it had that little bit of extra to make it perfect... The finish is awesome...nitride or something, but very nice... Im a happy little fella....

J-Frame reduced power hammer spring from Wolff. Not listed as a replacement part but I took a gamble and it worked. I get 100% ignition on primers. I did the mod on both guns.

The Wiley Clapp is IMHO, one of the best .357 magnum carry guns available... It does have a 3" barrel, but I find it as comfortable as a 2" snubbie with either appendix or back of the hip carry..paddle holster for hip and IWB for appendix. As far as fit/ finish...well its superb..the factory grips are attractive and comfortable, alyhough I might swap for rosewood Hogues...the sights are great, just wished for a night sight option...

By the title I thought you traded a Rossi for a Ruger from someone.....O well. I have a great Rossi 720 and it has an excellent trigger and is on par with a few Smiths I own. Good luck with your new GP 100.

Back