Traded a Mosin for this...

Swissrifles1

Inactive
1941 K31
Its in incredible shape , original condition, almost no stock damage, UN-sanded. I couldn't be more pleased with this trade. :)

1941K31001.jpg

1941K31003.jpg

1941K31004.jpg

1941K31005.jpg

ya you came out on top in that one...hopefully you wont have trouble finding some 7.5swiss ... alot of ppl are reloading it now from what ive seen online

That even looks like a Tiger stripe stock! Very nice. You did good. Unless you traded a Finnish Mosin. Then I'd say it was about even.

I disagree, You will be more pleased once you've fired it! The K31 is a tack driver compared to the Mosin. "Warning" it could get boring putting rounds through the same hole. Wish mine had the maple stock as yours is a beauty. Congrats, great trade.

Thank You.

NYPD13- The Swiss never had Maple stocks. They have always been Walnut or Beech. Walnut untill 45/46, Beech 46-58. Mine is Walnut. Thanks though.
I have many Swiss rifles and they are a dream to shoot. Love the straight pull.

I have two K31's that I am very happy with. However, I have a couple of mosins that I would never trade for a K31. Finnish M91/24 and M28/30 to be exact. Both shoot as well as my K31's and both are worth at least double what my K31's are worth. I would trade a plain jane Soviet M91/30 any day for a K31. You did well.

OOPS, was thinking walnut and typed maple. Guess it's past my bed time. Great rifle though. Mine is from 1954 and the beech stock just doesn't have the same character.

The Mosin is a good rifle (noisy!) but to get a K-31 with a tiger stripe Walnut stock in that kind of condition is pretty rare now. Excellent swapping, it will shoot as good as it looks!:cool:

Back