Trade advice needed

Afmedic

Inactive
I have a CZ PCR that I’m not shooting well. No problems with P01. CZ says they will look at just send in to them. But I am wanting a VP9 so I need to trade either the PCR OR my P07. Would appreciate your thought please.

Most of the mistakes I’ve made on guns were in trading or selling guns I should have kept. Wasted a lot of money reacquiring what I missed, and sometimes you can’t exactly replace what you foolishly dealt off.

So the advice is to MAKE SURE you don’t like the PCR before dealing it. They are not for everyone, though. I’m not a fan of CZ’s long and heavy DA pulls, except the P07’s is pretty good. I don’t know what sending the PCR in to CZ will accomplish if it’s not malfunctioning. If the trigger pull is too heavy, CZ Custom Shop might be able to help.

If you’re sure you won’t miss the PCR, the VP9 is considered a fine gun. But maybe make sure you want it as well. It does have an ergonomic flaw in the “trench” HK dug in the bottom of the trigger guard. That irritated my trigger finger and even blistered it a couple of times, so I sold mine off, and don’t miss it.

The PCR is getting hard to find lately(at least in my area). I'd let CZ take a look at it first and then shoot it again before deciding. Polymer pistols can wait. :P

At face value, that would be a hard choice for me. But, you said you don't gee-haw well with your PCR. That changes things. I don't know why an idiot like me had such an amount of money in my pocket at one time, but I bought a VP9 and a CZ P10C at the same time or there abouts. Man, I really dig both pistols, but I shoot the P10 just a tad better. I also have a PCR-D that I like and shoot really well, but since I got spoiled on the polymer lightness, it stays home now. If I didn't do well with the PCR-D, I think I'd let it go if money wouldn't let me have both. Having rambled all around here, I guess I'd have to say Go For The H&K.

Just a thought... about how many rounds do you have through your PCR? The reason I ask is that I either shot mine low, or it shot low until probably 300-400 rounds. It doesn't seem much, but it was shooting around 6" low at 25yds and over time, it eventually came up. It could have been me, but it seems like it was a matter of having a break-in period.

The PCR isn't shooting well but you have no problem with the P01? That's weird as they are pretty darn close.

Try shooting it off a rest and see what sort of groups you're getting. You can easily customize it a bit, lighter hammer spring, better sights etc. My P01 is mostly stock save for a 15# hammer spring and Dawson fiber front sight. Really loghtens up the trigger pull.

I don't know anything about any of them, I couldn't pick them out of a lineup, but if I get a gun I don't want for whatever reason, I get rid of it. It's just a gun. I don't get emotionally attached to them. I don't like to trade, I usually just sell what I don't want, but trading is easy,

I don't know anything about any of them, I couldn't pick them out of a lineup, but if I get a gun I don't want for whatever reason, I get rid of it. It's just a gun. I don't get emotionally attached to them. I don't like to trade, I usually just sell what I don't want, but trading is easy,
I've done the same..sold or traded
-Taurus 22mag revolver
-Taurus model 82 revolver
-Ruger LC9S
-Ruger LCP
-Old Savage 12g shotgun

Keep what's FTS(FunToShoot)..not keen on carrying anything that isn't FTS..even if it's ETC(EasyToCarry)..LCP...

Changing pistols is unlikely to fix a shooting issue. Unless the PCR just doesn't fit your hand. That's entirely possible given the thing's size and barrel length.
I'd guess the P01 fits better due to the wee extension on the mag. Dunno for sure if P01 mags fit in a PCR, but that's what I'd try first. The things have the same frame.
Remember that if you trade with/at a dealer he bases the value of your pistol on his wholesale cost not what you paid for it.

The PCR isn't shooting well but you have no problem with the P01? That's weird as they are pretty darn close.

Try shooting it off a rest and see what sort of groups you're getting. You can easily customize it a bit, lighter hammer spring, better sights etc. My P01 is mostly stock save for a 15# hammer spring and Dawson fiber front sight. Really loghtens up the trigger pull.
That is what I was thinking too. Maybe the PCR has a different shaped trigger than the P01 or the P01 has a better trigger action for some reason. I assume the OP has shot them both side by side to come to his conclusion rather than on different range trips. Another possibility is to check sight alignment and that the rear sight is tight and not moving around during shooting.

Back