TP9 SFX hates 124 gr

RickSeagle

Inactive
I have two Canik TP9 SFx pistols. Both are stock. One has a Vortex Venom that I recently put on it. BOTH pistols function flawlessly with virtually any brand of 115. I have never had a single malfunction with 115. Probably 3k rounds through one of the pistols and 1500 through the other.

BOTH pistols absolutely hate Winchester 124 gr NATO ammo. It is difficult to get more than 2 or 3 shots without a FTF when using this ammo. I have 12 magazines between the two pistols and all will do it. The spent case always ejects, but the new round wont feed properly and either jams against the edge of the chamber just barely missing the hole, or the round will flip up and "stove pipe" the new round (not the spent case, but the new round stove pipes).

Normally I would just chock this up to "This gun just doesn't like this ammo", but all of the reading I have done online on the TP9 SFx model, everyone says the Winchester 124 NATO is the ammo that works BEST in this gun...yet I have two of them that will fire anything EXCEPT this ammo and Blazer Brass 124 (both fail the same way).

Blazer Brass 115 and Winchester 115 work just fine. Other brands of 124 also seem to work fine... S&B, Federal, American Eagle, Browning 124 all function without a single hiccup.

The 115 stuff I can fire limp wrist, upside down, sideways, doesn't matter...always cycles. The 124 I have tried several grips and even fired one handed.

Any idea's on why BOTH of mine refuse the shoot the ammo that EVERYONE else says works best in their SFx?

Thanks,
Rick

Back