Torquey lil 38

BigG

In honor of Oleg I took my titanium 38 S&W Model 342 to the range and fired a box of military hardball.

Much to my surprise I was not crippled for life or blinded by the experience. The 342 shoots jes like I remember -- point and click and the IPSC silhouette soon had a hand-sized fifty shot pattern in the belly button area. The 342 doesn't kick any more than my steel 940 9mm Centennial.

For a little more detail, I've posted an article here. http://www.epinions.com/otdr-review-4D2C-50C8161E-3A550C27-prod6/tk_~CB016.1.2

I have a question. I looked at the wood grips on the 342 at Smith's web site. How are they at the range? They look really nice.

justinr1

I use the wood grips on my 342 because of their snag resistance when carrying concealed. The recoil is sharp but manageable -- not really much different from the rubber grips. Insofar as the handhold, the wood and rubber grips are about the same.

Clemson, I was hoping for that answer. I have a 642 with the stock rubber grips. I like my range pieces with the Hogue monogrip, but that stuff is too sticky. The hard rubber grips on the 642 help, but still cling. Me thinks I might get those wood grips and try them out.

justinr1

Back