Tork Specs of Remington 700

Bob243

Hello,

I have a Remington 700 VSSF ( kevlar stock ). Can someone tell me what the tork specs of the bedding screws are??

Thanks in advance...
Bob

Some say 65 inch pounds, but Remington recommends 50 inch pounds for the PSS/VS with aluminum bedding block. I personally think this is in deference to the cheesy aluminum triggerguard/floorplate instead of the proper steel these fine rifles deserve.

I have torqued mine to 65, with no problems, but now use 50.

Thanks for the great info... Is is safe to assume that whichever I find to be the best, both bedding screws should be the same tork?

Good idea, George

I have not found much difference in my PSS from 50-65 lbs, however you may.

I recently took the PSS action out of the stock, removed the scope and Badger rings from the Badger mount, adjusted the trigger, reassembled it, retorqued the action screws and ring mounting bolt. This weekend, it shot to the same exact zero and turned in sub-3/4 MOA groups through 40 rounds.

A big :D vote to Remington, and especially to Badger Ordnance, the best rings and mounts going.

George

too bad, I spoke with remington and they said
on your paticular gun if you went with 57 1/2
your gun would stop "Stringing"
of course immagine the cost of changing all your stationary and checks and such to George Group. ;)
geo ><>

I keep my LTR at 65 inch pounds . I also make sure to take a Q-Tip and clean the sockets in the trigger guard where the action bolts set and lightly lube them before putting in the bolts . I think you would do more damage from a dry steel bolt cap base turning against a dry aluminum trigger guard socket and galding then you would with 65 inch pounds of pressure breaking the aluminum . Good luck , Mike...

Back