• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Topics w/many replies

Sgt.K

Hello,

Not sure if you can help me.

I'm getting this message at the bottom of a topic page with many replies.

"This page too big to be shown completely"

I'm using WebTv. So you may not be able to help.

I have experienced this at other forums.

Thanks,

Sgt.K

If you're not able to scroll to see the remainder, then it has to be a WebTV problem. You might check out your option menus to see if there is any option setting that will affect it.

Sarge - just curious, how many is "many replies"? More than 10, 40? Or is it just the length of a thread that counts? Can you change the font on your WebTV display?

Checked some of the posts that I had problems with.

Just like the tooth that stops hurting when you make the dental appointment, I'm not having any problems now.

Did you do something on your end?

I just have a Basic WebTv. Not much I can do other than change text size.

BTW, I noticed some long posts have more than one page others do not.
Does that have to do with bandwidth or something.

Sorry, I only know the simple basics about Real Computers.

Thanks for your help!!

Sgt.K

Nope, we can't do anything about that from this side. Multiple pages occur when the post count goes over 50. That has little to do with actual length of the page. You could have a thread of 3 posts with a total of 200,000 bytes or one with 50 posts having a total of only 10,000 bytes.

If it happens again, try making the text size smaller.

Sgt. K

I'm also on WebTV Classic, sometimes simpler is not always better. Anyway, next time you get that response try hitting your 'Options' button/key, select 'Reload' and hit 'Return'. This has worked for me everytime on this forum so far though I've not been as fortunate with long List-Digest e-mails.

Back