Top Drawer Smith & Wesson Gunsmiths

Anthony

Hello Everyone,

My current gunsmith for Smith & Wesson revolvers is Ron Powers. Ole Ron is regarded as the best in tuning the old Smith & Wesson revolvers. He's getting old though and keeps talking about retiring. Although I am hesitant to change gunsmiths I would like to have someone at least in the same ballpark as Ron talentwise. You know, the kind of talent that can put an 8 pound friction free double action trigger pull on a gun and it still goes off everytime with the hardest Magnum primers.

Does anyone know of a really first rate gunsmith for Smith & Wesson revolvers?

- Anthony

A SMITH AND WESSON GUN PLUMBER, HEY.

Bob Lloyd in Huntsville Alabama is a crackerjack. He put a 2lb SA, 6lb DA trigger on a M617 4" for me. It's never missed a lick. The DA is so smooth I don't even bother with shooting it SA anymore. TM

the first "name" smiths to come to mind are john french and andy cannon. if i had a smith that hadn't already been worked on, and i didn't mind the ups charges, that's who i'd be sending my guns to.

Terry, do you have an address, phone number, or business name for the Smith 'smith you have named? The one I've been using (here in Birmingham) has gone on to his reward.

Weigand does excellent work as well.

Although, the prices of the "brand-name" smith's like Powers, Weigand et al, will likely be higher than some nearly unknown guy working out of a small shop.

It's always a good idea to ask to see examples of any smith's work before allowing your personal gun to go under the knife.
If the smith either can't or won't do this, I would steer clear.

$.02, -Kframe

I've had several done by Al Greco of Al's custom. He is the best that I've found on S&W revolvers. He's very meticulous and precise. His work is always top notch! I had two 25-2s done by him for bowling pin shooting. I had two 686+s done by him as well as several carry guns....M65, 66, 686 and 642.

alscustom.com

Give him a try...I'm certain you'll be very satisfied!

FRANK GLENN

Frank Glenn has done outstanding work for me, and everyone I've known who used him was pleased. He has a fine record of S&W competition revolver work (his guns have won national championships), and as a retire LEO/armorer knows what a street gun needs.
S&W revolvers are not all he does, but that is the work he did for me.

Accuracy Unlimited
Frank Glenn
16036 North 49th Ave, Glendale, AZ, 85306
602 978 9089

Back