Top deals in C&Rs today...

leadcounsel

What are the top 3 deals today? And where are they sold...?

Mosin Nagants at J&G sales
CZ 82s at J&G sales
K31s at Aimsurplus

I would have to say, the M39 Rifles from Gunsnammo.com, the VZ24 7MM Mauser from Southern Ohio Gun, and the Einfield Rifles from Classic arms.
All three are great buys.
I also got a very clean Yugo Mauser with bent bolt from Samco Global Arms.
The Barrel was new, and the rifle works perfectly, It will shoot on par with higher priced rifles, for just over $200 dollars, and a new front sight.

+1 for Gunsnammo.com
I got my M44 from there. Good stuff.

I got a CZ82 from AIM. They gave me two mags at the time J&G was only giving you one. Good deal. I thought the Yugo Tokarev was a good deal from SOG also (but they only give you one mag now:mad:).

Every time it looks like the K31 supply is going to dry up for good, another small stash turns up. I'd sure hate to wind up without one when there really are no more.

As far as "deals" in terms of future appreciation? I'd guess it still comes down to getting lucky with a RC K98 or the right 91/30 receiver... That doesn't happen as often these days, because importers have gotten a lot savvier about sorting.

Question!

Are the k31's fun to shoot? The actions on them just look really confusing! I'm assuming the ring part you pull to cock or the part on the side???? I had considered buying one but then I think for another 100 or so dollars I can get another k98 mauser to add to the 4 I already have. I personally love the k98's and want a huge collection of them.

ejhc11's vote for the CMP Garand has my support.
It's my first Garand, Service Grade, and for $600 I still can't believe the bore's bright shine and overall metal condition:). The SA action and barrel were mfg. in Jan. '55.

Other than for Garands, taking time to go to several+ gun shows are my only place to buy, with no shipping/FFL fees and We handle the rifles. Of course you need patience paying cash/ attending months of gun shows.

If you don't mind paying higher retail prices + shipping etc, you might find the descriptions objective+ multiple photos clear, and the variety interesting at "Joesalter.com". My first LE #5 came from there.
Many of the guns and items in his NH store come from Canada (as he did). If you live in NH, you might be fortunate. One guy's wife hates me.

Do you only want to A) save money, or B) handle/see good photos of what you are buying? Quite often there is no third choice.

Last edited:
Yugo M57 Tokarev. $189.00 at SOG
Romanian Tokarev $189.00 at SOG
Both are great shooters and loads of fun in 7.62X25 Tokarev. Surplus ammo is cheap at around $100.00 for 1260 rnd case.

Every time it looks like the K31 supply is going to dry up for good, another small stash turns up. I'd sure hate to wind up without one when there really are no more

I'm concerned about this...I'm currently deployed, and it seems like they only turn up around that time-when I can't receive them. I could order one and have it sent to my dealer and let it sit there for the next four months...and pay $15/month for storage, but that kinda defeats the purpose of buying it on sale.

Oh well...hopefully J&G or the local Big 5 will have a couple when I get home.

TxStang

When I was in the Marine Corps, you could have your personal weapon locked up in the armory.
I dont know how it is now. Another idea would be to get the rifle shipped to a dealer near where your family lives, and have them pick it up and hold on to it until you come in from your deployment. Anyhow good luck, and thanks for your service.

yeah, when i was deployed (seemed like I was always deployed) i would just have it shipped to my gunsmith and my mother would drive down once a month and do the paperwork for them and pick them up. of course my gunsmith is a family friend and he hunts our family farm so he was more than willing to let my mom pick up the guns for me since I was deployed.

CMP SA service grade M1 rifle...still the same price from three years ago. Great bang for the buck

I suppose the Nagant revolver is a good deal. I can't stand the monstrous-looking things but the price is right

my dealer and let it sit there for the next four months...and pay $15/month for storage,

IF I was a dealer I wouldn't charge you nut'n, I can't believe anyone at home would.

Thank you for your service sir! :)

Back