Top-Break Revolver w/ Release Lever?

Lee Enfield

Is there a top-break revolver with a release lever? It would be similar to a cylinder release lever, but instead of releasing only the cylinder, it would obviously "break" (more like drop) the top. I think there was at least one, but I can't remember.

Thanks in advance!

Hopkins & Allen Safety Police. Harrington & Richardson about a brazillion different models. Smith & Wesson a bunch. Webley Mark IV.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

jar said:
Hopkins & Allen Safety Police. Harrington & Richardson about a brazillion different models. Smith & Wesson a bunch. Webley Mark IV.
Where's the release lever?

Maybe I misunderstood the opening question, but he didn't ask for a list of top break revolvers, he asked:

Is there a top-break revolver with a release lever? It would be similar to a cylinder release lever, ...

My Webley Mk VI (1917) has a hefty lever on the left side of the frame (about where the cylinder latch is on S&Ws and Colts). Pushing forward on the lever unlatches the barrel so it can be pivoted open. All the Webley DA's did it that way, as far as I know.

Each one has a lever of some form. The H&R and Smith is a lever you raise, the H&S is a lever moved horizontally.

The Smith & Wesson Perfected series of top break revolvers had both the barrel latch and the thumb latch like on modern S&W DA revolvers.

Some one many years ago observed that if a police officer were holding a suspect at gun point, the miscreant could disarm the officer merely by reaching over and unlatching the barrel latch and opening the gun and ejecting the cartridges.

S&W engineers agreed and developed the thumb latch that carries over to this day on S&W revolvers.

Bob Wright

I have an Enfield MK1 in 38S&W/38-200. Its your typical British top-break revolver like the Webley's. The lever opens the gun and the empties are ejected (mostly) when its open.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Back