Toooo funny

Damn...............makes me and my Old Timer pocket knife (which always did everything I needed it to do) feel plumb nekkid!

heres a real knife:
1006360898786_18_inch_WWII.JPG

http://www.physics.mun.ca/~sstamp/knives/20_ang_khola.html

http://khukuri.netfirms.com/

Built in China by slave labor? About 25 years ago I bought a boot knife at a gunshow, with scabbard, for around $7. Surgical stainless; shaving edge. With scabbard.

I wondered at the time about the marketing chain from manufacturer to me--each leg has to make a profit, including the final seller.

dZ, somebody polished off all the coating from your kukri. Nice signal mirror, what? :D

Art

My favorite hunting knife is a Cabela's brand 3 blade folder (Clip point, saw, skinning/gut blade). It has stag grips and I bought it for $35 about 6-7 years ago from the catalogue. The only thing I don't like about it is that the saw blade doesn't lock open.
I bought the Browning 3 blade folder for $70 last year, but it will probably sit in the cabinet next year when the Cabela knife comes out of retirement. The Browning has a lot of good qualities but it's just too darn big. For my needs, smaller is usually better.

DZ - I used to have one of those back in the 70's but lost it. I think we ordered them through an ad in a comic book. I forgot all about it till you posted a pic a few months back. I'd like to have one for the collection again some day.

What's wrong with that hunting knife on eBay? I bought two of them from this same guy.

I use one as my backup dragon-skinning blade, and the other one (sprinkled with elvin dust) only comes out when I need to slay a troll. Nobody here hunts trolls?

Thats great LOL. Not only is it crap steel, 440A at best and thats not likely (I'd bet money that it was 420J2), its such a great hunting design, if your planning on taking on animals mortal combat style and they're armed with knives too. Its a lame fantasy fighting style knife. Those cut outs in the spine are a real special feature. The top one is to stop your opponents blade from sliding down the spine and nicking your hand when you block/parry. And the lower one is supposed to trap the enemies blade against the gaurd so you can disarm them.
Some custom makers put them on their knives as decorations , but theres a big difference in how its done and how it looks.

I really like the handle too. Looks like its cast out of aluminum or something. All the carving on it should make for a real comfortable grip, provided your wearing welding gloves.

Nobody here hunts trolls?

Sorry Troll hunting was outlawed due to increasing pressure from Troll Rights Groups. Had an incident a few years ago where P.E.T.T. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Trolls) staged a huge demonstration outside of a Managment Area. Huge media circus, for such a small group.

Gnome hunting, however, continues to flourish with record numbers being taken last season. Biologists are currently studying the feeding habits of wild gnomes, and are also considering in introducing larger specimens into the population to increase chances of licensed hunters being able to harvest a trophy gnome.

No changes are currently expected for regulations concerning elf hunting.

I dunno as I'd hunt elves. They're such cute little critters. So dainty and delicate, the way they lap up milk from the bowl on my back steps.

I took a shot at an Abominable Gnomeman, last season, and found I'd collected me an IRS agent. Quite a hullaballoo about it in the local press. Most folks finally decided it was just one of those things that happens during hunting season. Some objected to using paper money to bait the field, of course--but I wasn't about to waste good silver.

Art

5.56 MM for Halflings.

Buck Shot is for Elves.

Slugs are for Trolls and Orcs.

Barret .50 BMG for Dragons!

;)

Art,

I dunno as I'd hunt elves. They're such cute little critters. So dainty and delicate, the way they lap up milk from the bowl on my back steps.

Actually I should point out that recently evidence was obtained that shows several foreign species of elves have been illegally released into the wild.

Typically what happens is that suburbanite parents buy these elves illegally as pets for their kids, because they so cute, dainty and delicate. Much the same way the Caiman was sold to tourists as a pet "alligator" in the 60s.

Then after the novelty of having elves for pets wear off, the kids typically dump them off into the nearest wooded area thus forcing the elves to fend for themselves. This is not a good situation.

These foreign elves then compete with the native elf population for resources. Also they often introduce exotic diseases that the native population has no immunity to, causing a die off.

So the answer to the problem is to have the legal elf season, which will prevent overcrowding of native elves, and also allow legal harvest of all the exotic roaming loose.

Please bear in mind that while the elf situation is bad, depending on your point of view, it in no way compares to the fairy situation.
Ever try to hit one of those on the fly?

Back