Took my new Sig 229 to the range:):)

timrh23

Guys,
Sorry I haven't been able to let you all know how my first sessions were with the 229. I've taken it to the range twice so far and WOW. The fist 3 targets I shot was so exhilerating because the gun made me feel like I was actually a good shot. I have to say it has the best sights and out-of-the-box accuracy I have experienced thus far...even with the so-called inaccurate .40 S&W cartridge. What a sweet gun. On my second trip I dropped in the .357 Sig conversion barrel and that was a hoot as well. The only problem I had was that I had to aim a bit higher to get the bullets into the bullseye since these bullets are alot faster than the .40. I can see where the .357 sig cartridge would be good for self defense, great penetration and the ballistics equal to the 125 gr .357 mangnum. I'm itching to go back to the range and shoot the bejesus out of this one. What a pleasure...

They're excellent defense tools. I realize that there are many fine pistols, Glocks, Berettas, CZs, you name it. I prefer the SIG Sauers because nothing feels as good in my hands nor am I as as accurate with any other makes. I'm glad to hear you're experiences with your P229 have been as positive as mine with the P series. ;)

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Back