Took my new G23 to the range today!!!

mvdemarco

What a nice pistol! I'm glad I bought it. I fired 150 rounds very accurately and had no malfunctions at all. It also soaks up recoil much better than I thought. Almost as good as sex. I won't tell my wife that though!!

Mike

Congratulations!

I was thinking of getting a G23 myself to go along with my G27. How's the accuracy compared to other pistols that you've got?

Congrats on the new gun. I like my 23 too. Simplicity, durability, reliability. I have the tritium sights - they are lifesavers. I would like to get a 19 also.

Good shooting!

-10CFR

Ooops!

Should have bought the USP or the Sigpro. Now you're going to read posts about kBs and always have doubts about the Glock. ;)

Glock kBs!

Yeah, and all Sig frames crack after 10,000 rounds, all HK firing pins easily break, you need at least $1,000 in custom work for 1911's to function, and all Beretta frames will explode and fly into your face.

It seems that any brand you get there's always somebody raining on your parade.

Glock .40s are used by LEOs all over this country and if it was a real liability there would be a big stink about it by now. kBs have occured even with factory ammo but they are so rare that driving on your highway to work is way more dangerous, IMHO. The vast majority of kBs occured because of jokers who used reloads beyond specs and now cry about it on forums like these.

Stick with .40 caliber FACTORY ammo that use new casings and all you need to worry about is hitting your target.

Had a Glock 23 a couple of years ago, sold it cause my G27 was shooting a little more accurate. Now, I'll be getting a Glock 23C, as soon as they can be sold in Kalif. Here one can have 2 firearms on the CCW, and I think those 2 Glocks make good company with exact operating systems, ammo, etc. Has anyone tried the 23C and noted improved control?? I am not bothered with any recoil with the .40; but I was thinking the C might even enhance a great gun.

AA,

I've never shot the G23C but personally I prefer standard pistols for defense over compensated pistols like the 23C. There's a lot of muzzle blast coming out of those ports and in a defense situation you might have to shoot with the pistol close to the body. That may cause a dangerous situation where the blast will shoot straight into your face. Bad news. Second, in low light situations excessive blast will effect your vision for critical follow up shots. Thats why I don't like compensated pistols for defense.

If it was strictly for range work then I'd get the 23C. If you can handle your 27 you can definately handle the 23. Or, maybe just get another 27? I think I'm going with the 23 for the higher velocity out of the longer barrel. Thats my .02 cents.:)

Oh, and by the way how hard was it to get your CCW here in Kalifornia?

The real question is what will be your next Glock? I started out with only one and now I have 8...not enough, but my wife says way too many. The key here is to get the ones that love you to love your Glocks almost as much as you do.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You made one hell of a smart choice.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

As far as Kabooms go... treat your gun nicely and it'll do the same to you. Don't be like all the others who had theirs blow simply because they neglected to take care of their investment.:rolleyes:
Glocks are great but they're not the perfect gun. They STILL need that basic maintenance. I try to clean mine AT LEAST every 250 rounds.

Take care of your Glock and it'll take care of you.
Once again congratulations and good luck with your new toy.
P.S. The subcompacts are REALLY nice too! ;)

IF you have the funding and the desire...
BUY IT!!!

Congrats!!

The G23 has been great for me, I really enjoy my trips to the range. I'm thinking of getting a second 23 to keep it company. :D

Back