Took a trip

Doc Hoy

My wife and granddaughter and I took a trip through Fredericksburg and Winchester, va over the last couple days. Originally we just wanted to get away and the addition of Winchester was a way for me to get the several shops I had become more or less familiar with.

I had done some business with the Winchester Sutler and meeting him was a real treat. His spread is about five miles off any tarred roads in the country north of Winchester. He was the one guy who had a replacement cylinder for a Euroarms 1851 navy. "Yeah, I think I have one or two down in the barn." He did and it dropped right in.

I'll try to put a photo in a subsequent post.

Also went to Taylor's. The exterior is very unassuming given the fine stuff that comes out of that location. BTW, a 1675.00 Spencer goes for 1525.00 across the counter. If you are close it is worth the trip.

Next was Old Dominon Sports Center. This is a pretty well stocked general hunting, shooting, and camping outlet. He does have a fire arm room but mostly new stuff.

He turned me on to a place called Blye's Jewelery, which is a store that sells more firearms than earrings. The gentleman has an awful lot of C&R stuff. This is the gentleman who has the Luger I am looking at. (I saw it first guys.)

All in all the trip was quite an experience.

I have decided against photos

Because I did not get specific permission to put the photos on the internet.

I took some pichers on the way to and from Winchester Sutler which I will post once I get them out of my phone.

Back