TRguy

Took a plain Stevens and spruced up the stock a little

started with this
100_1668.jpg

filled in the checkering with 3000psi epoxy from auto zone
100_1670.jpg

Started sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding
100_1674.jpg

Painted with textured Green Textured paint (After a based of plastic coating primer)
100B1680.jpg

100_1677.jpg

Ended up like this
100_1707.jpg

Like your paint choice! I chose to leave the checkering intact on mine instead of filling it in.

Gray Stone textured paint .223 Rem.
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Green textured paint 6x47.
DSC_0028.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Nice paint jobs, guys. Taylor, which brand of stone texture is that? I ran across several colors of stone texture in wally world, was wondering if that is the same brand.

I look forward to some after-action reports about how these paint jobs held up under field conditions.

I did this Savage Rifle with the same set up and left the checkering.

Savage11F7mm-0863-24-10ng.jpg

Savage11F7mm-0853-24-10ng.jpg

Used this
Savage11F7mm-08Paint3-24-10ng.jpg

Even though I haven't had a durability problem in the past, even if I should have some damage or major wear, it is easy enough to touch up.

Well now you guys have me wanting to do this to my Stevens. Is that flexstone paint rough when you are holding it or does it just give it a nice grip?

Looks great. My recently purchased Stevens 200 came with a tan/khaki colored stock out from the factory. I was pretty happy when I opened the box and didn't see the typical gray!

But I do like the idea of filling in the checkering.. it just doesn't do it for me.

If I could recommend the Rifle Basix trigger for it. I installed the one that is 1-3lbs. It was pretty easy to install even though I've never installed a trigger before. No modifications necessary and it is worlds better than the factory trigger.

I'll agree the grip is much improved if you have heavier recoiling rifles than I do then you might want to sand the cheek weld area. I like the Sharp Shooter Supply competition trigger 14oz to 2 llbs. Since both of mine are varmint rifles I don't mind the lighter trigger pull. I haven't replaced the trigger on the .223 yet but I'll probaby use the SSS trigger again.

Sorry don't know the brand I used for the stone paint but the green was Rustoleum. I used a Satin clear because the store I bought my clear at didn't have a flat or matte so now my rifle is a little too shiny for my tastes but they shoot great, at least the green one does. I haven't found a load that the .223 likes well yet, I bought it used and that may have been the problem.

Back