Took a newbie (and his dad) squirrel hunting today!

Legionnaire

Had opportunity to take the 12-year-old son of a friend (and the friend) squirrel hunting today. Only out about an hour and twenty minutes, and it was cold, breezy, with flurries all 'round. Nevertheless, both new hunters got a squirrel each. Walked 'em through the cleaning process ... and I think they're hooked!

Nothing quite so much fun as taking newbies out for their first hunt. Very satisfying.

Good for you.

It would be good to have a forum set aside just for "Bragging Rights"--doing RKBA work, getting a new shooter going, etc.

Wish I lived near you, you could take me!

Come on Legionnaire, dont tease,

What were you using? Shotgun? .22? What was the cover like, still leaves on the trees? Ranges? time of day?

This has all the makings of a great story, just flesh in the details !!!

And thanks for taking the lad and Dad. This is the ONLY way hunting will survive in America now. New folks have got to be exposed to it, or we will sure as snuff lose the right to hunt.

Good 4 U.......

Hey, what a great hour + to start a few new shooters and hunters. You know that hour could make the difference for that young fella too. Thanks from the hunting society for keeping a tradition going........ :D

Great Job Legionnaire

Thanks for taking the time to get new people involved in our sport!

I love squirrel hunting, hunt 'em here in Maryland with my Ruger M77 .22 Win Mag. Unless it's the first couple weeks and leaves still heavy, then I use a double-barrel .410 I've been shooting since I was 10.

Nice job, and good call on keeping the first hunt short and productive!

Michael

Back