Took a chance today, purchased a Taurus G2C

triplebike

Ive never been a big Taurus fan. Only owned a used 85 revolver, nothing special. That was until I recently purchased the new TX22. Being in the market for a compact 9MM , started doing some research on Taurus compact 9MM's and came across a lot of great reviews on the G2C. Checked it out at my LGS today, liked what I saw. Price was $200 nib & with the upcoming rebate Im getting the gun for $175. Ill pick it up after the 28th which is when the rebate starts. If its any where near as enjoyable as the TX22 it will be $175 very well spent.

These guns have had a few issues with the recoil spring so keep that in mind.
Lakeline LLC is your friend. I bought a recoil spring assembly from them and the gun runs like a champ. When it was out of the box brand new it didn't want to go into battery. This part took care of it...along with a clean and grease.
Or you can send it back to Taurus and wait 3 months....and hope it works right.
All that being said, the gun is a pleasure to shoot. It is a great deal and had some issues when it first came out. Your gun may be just fine.

I've had mine since they were PT-111 G2 and it has been flawless. It has never failed me and I shoot it more accurately than my other 9mm except for my 1911. Great value in a food gun. I paid $199.99 for mine.

I don't have one, but researched the pt111 g2 before I ultimately bought a Sar K2P. The G2C is basically the same gun(as the 111g2), and I still think about it from time to time. I think the main difference is lifetime warranty coverage with the 111 vs the G2C with whatever they offer now, 1 year warranty, I think...might be wrong. I love my K2P, but still wonder if I should have gotten a 111 g2/G2C.

I don't have one, but researched the pt111 g2 before I ultimately bought a Sar K2P. The G2C is basically the same gun(as the 111g2), and I still think about it from time to time. I think the main difference is lifetime warranty coverage with the 111 vs the G2C with whatever they offer now, 1 year warranty, I think...might be wrong. I love my K2P, but still wonder if I should have gotten a 111 g2/G2C.
The PT111 G2 has a lifetime warranty regardless of ownership while the almost identical G2C has a lifetime warranty for the original owner. They started out with a 1 year warranty on the G2C but it apparently didn't go over well so they changed it retroactively.

Good to know about the warranty. I may still pick one up sometime. I like the features it has and it is comfortable in my hand.

Back