Too much debt... guns gotta go... :(

dwesson445

I just worked up a list of guns I may need to sell. It's tearing my freakin' heart out, because I just can't handle these debts anymore and I love these guns. I don't want to take advantage of the forum as a "for sale" ground, but if you could give me an idea of what these might be worth I'd really appreciate it. They're all in very nice shape. Not perfect, but very nice.

Smith Model 25 45 Colt 4" Blue (Hogue rubber grip)
Smith Model 625 5" (Hogue rubber grip with chamfered chambers)
Smith Model 581 4" Nickel plated (Smith wood finger groove grip)
Ruger 22/45 5" blue bull bbl (3 extra mags and hardly used)

Yeah, I know... "I'll give ya $10 bucks for the lot"

I'm sorry you have to sell some of your guns. It's hard to give you a very accurate guesstimate for what they're worth without knowing where you are. For example your Smith Model 25 45 Colt 4" Blue (which I would LOVE to have, but can't afford right now) around Seattle that gun would go for ~$450. I've been told that gun in Texas goes for $350.

Maybe if you could let us know what part of the country you're in someone will be able to give you a good ballpark for what they're worth.

You might also check a couple of the auction boards like http://www.gunsamerica.com or http://www.gunbroker.com and see what similar revolvers are selling for.

It would be very helpful if you told us:

1. What your state of residence is;
2. How we can contact you by e-mail.

I have interest in at least one of your revolvers...please contact me using my e-mail.

RE: your need to sell...

...I've been there and do understand. :(

445, I'm sorry about your plight.

I sold off several guns once; an attack of poverty brought on by a case of bad marraige.....

A Smith and Wesson Model 1955 target revolver. (Pre Model 25.)
A real Colt Government Model; in calibers 9x19, Super .38 and 45 ACP.
A real Colt SAA in .32-20.
A real Winchester '92, also in .32-20.
A Martini-Peabody rebuilt in .45-70.
And a real Eye-talian made Beretta M-59.

I've replaced some of them. Obviously, some can't be replaced. So I do understand your pain.

Happily, the Lord has blessed me with a better wife and financial security. I'd be interested in the last three you mentioned, if we can do this legally.

So where are you?

Sorry, Guys, I should have told you, I'm in mid-Missouri.

I may end up taking them to Tulsa in a few weeks, but first I'm going to try to find them homes with people I know so I get first right of refusal to buy them back. :)

That was going to be a suggestion..

Try to find someone that will be sympathetic to your situation and help you out. I've done this several times.

Give the "buyer" a deal with the stipulation that (a) you have the right to buy back the guns at the price paid plus maybe 10%within a year and (b) they either don't use them or they are extremely careful (you can look at their guns and see how they treat them). This actually ends being like a long term pawn but can help both of you out. Also beats letting your "babies" go to some heathen that won't appreciate them.

If you can't find someone locally and need help with this, e-mail me and we can make arrangements. I've been in extremely tight situations myself (haven't most of us). I'm fortunate that I am financially very stable now.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

I went through the same thing in '83, so I know how hard it is to sell off your goodies. If going to Tulsa means selling them to a dealer, don't. You won't get near what you can get from a private party. I don't know the gun laws in Missouri but if you can do private sales with no hassel, put an ad in the paper. You'll come out with a lot more money. Wish I had some to spare right now, I'd take that 581 off your hands.
Good luck.

Back