Too late to share this photo with Dave McCracken

Bushmaster1313

Dave was a wealth of information and good cheer.
No doubt sorely missed by his family and friends.

Here is a photo I would have liked to share with Dave:

561fb337-ac5d-400a-88a9-f01185195d29_zpsioiomu2w.png

Winchester 21
Standard Grade
12 gauge
Double triggers
Modified/Full
Splinter forearm
Ser. No. 16XX

It's not the tricked out beavertail raised rib Full/Full Trap model I thought I wanted
But it's mine:)

And to paraphrase what Dave might have said:

Nice gun
Now go practice
And then go practice some more

Last edited:
Beautiful gun. I love 21s. When I worked in a gunshop, a lady came in and wanted to know if it was OK to shoot steel through her Winchester shotgun. I asked her what model it was and she said she wasn't sure, but she had it in her car. She brought in a case. When I opened it, it held a mint 20 ga deluxe 21.

I informed her that shooting lead through it probably wasn't a good idea, but that I'd happily trade for the fanciest gun we had in the shop, a high grade Beretta. She declined, saying she'd inherited it from her father. "My sister got the Parker.".

QUOTE: "...I informed her that shooting lead through it probably wasn't a good idea..."

I assume you mean steel?

MMMMmmmmm....

I was offered a Winchester 21 20 gauge many years ago. The lady whose lawn I did was a widow. Her husband had guns, which went to their son on his death, and later the son passed.

She told me that I was welcome to take "that old gun" of her husband's because she didn't want it in the house and she knew I liked guns.

Gorgeous wood, custom aftermarket leather bound case... Easily a couple of grand back in the early 1980s.

Couldn't take it. Put her in contact with a local Winchester collector I knew, who paid her well for it.

The next time I mowed her lawn I got a substantial tip...

Back