Tomcat/Alleycat Range Update 500 rounds

glh

I intend to up date ever 200 rounds untill the count reaches thousand..

I now have 500 hundred rounds of winchester 71 gr hardball rated at 129 ft pounds shot in the gun.

I have not had a firing pin breakage, no failure to feed, no problems of any kind, I do not note any evidence of the gun shooting loose, the gun is bore cleaned ever 100 rounds.

I feel the little gun needs a good range test.

How do you like the trigger? I owned both blue and SS Tomcats at one time and the triggers were HORRIBLE - both DA and SA. Also, I myself experienced firing pin breakages in both - while dry firing with snap caps. I really liked that you could carry them cocked-and-locked, but could never trust them after the firing pin breakages.

Good luck with your AlleyCat and keep us posted on the little pistol's progress.

FWIW, I've got my eye on a new Guttersnipe Guardian at a local dealer. Hope it's still there when I get the money for a S&W revo I'm selling. :D

I am up to 700 rounds without a problem...these are winchester 71gr rated at 139 ft pounds.

I have had no problems with regard to malfunctions of any kind.

Regarding trigger pull...I am a bullseye shooter and as such
perhaps I did not expect a very good trigger pull..However
for the intended purpose the trigger pull is very good..at least good enought to fire into 4" all the time at 20 yards.

I do not dry fire any guns other than the 1911 bullseye guns I own...I really dont feel comfortable doing that a lot to a carry gun. I dont know why it just does not seem to me to be a good idea

Gary

Thanks for the input, guys

I've found your reviews very helpful. After reading them I was finally pushed over the edge to buy a Tomcat, which I should get tomorrow.

GLH, I second your concern over dry-firing carry guns. Good example - everyone raves about how strong the Ruger revolvers are, but I've found that there is one thing they are vulnerable to - excessive dry-firing without snap-caps.

I broke a .44 Mag. Redhawk and a .45 Colt Blackhawk, and both broke their transfer bar pieces (I think that's what it's called).

Thanks again!

Back