Tokarev TT33: trigger no reset w/mag out?

jmstr

Hello everyone,

New-to-me TT-33 and I am doing my due-diligence of cleaning/lubing/inspecting before I take it to the range. Snapcaps to check for hammer follow, etc.

I ordered some spare parts to have on hand for the future, as I want to get them before 20 years pass and they aren't available. Specifically, a hammer/sear pack.

In the process of my cleaning and inspection of all parts I noticed something that seems wrong to me, but I don't know if I should worry, and/or what to look at to fix it.

Specifically, with one of the two hammer packs the trigger won't reset if the mag is out.

With either hammer pack and the magazine in, all moves 'normally' [the slide moves the hammer back, finger back on trigger, let slide go forward, release trigger to the 'reset' point, fire, repeat]. The trigger resets with no problems.

With one of the hammer packs and the magazine out, the trigger won't return to firing position. The disconnector seems to be staying 'down', until the mag is pushed in. However, the mag seems to touch the sear and not the disconnector.

I've done a full on parts swap, piece by piece, and I can't tell if it is only the sear, or the sear and disconnector.

Any suggestions?

Anyone I don't know that you can recommend to send the trigger pack off to [other than Bill Springfield/trigger works- I already am familiar with him]?

Since this only happens with the mag out, should I not worry and just call it a mag disconnect? [even though it is the SAME design as the other trigger pack- and isn't a true mag disconnect.]

Is this a risk of doubling or other misfiring issues?

I don't know if this will help at all, but my house is a Tokarev junk yard and 213 type 9mm Tokarevs have some parts that appear to me to be redesigned only to prevent interchangeability with other Tokarevs. Especially the hammer assemblies.

Back