Tokarev issue

ks_wayward_son

Finally got a chance to go out fire my Yugo Tok...its true, they do shoot like a lazer, those rounds get there in a hurry. However, did have one issue with it. After the last round was fired, the slide did not catch and leave the chamber open. I had a similar issue with a modern pistol...CZ SP 01, and still haven't gotten around to trying to fix that problem. However, in the CZ's issue, some fellows thought that the main spring maybe a little too "stout" for the commercial ammo I was shooting...or that it could have been a mag spring problem.

Anyways...I was wondering what you guys think? Could it also be a simple problem of limp-wristing, since the rounds are pretty hot? The problem seemed to occur with both mags, so I don't really think I can single out the mag issue. Not too concerned about the problem, primarily going to be a range gun, but would like to diagnose and fix the problem if possible. Thanks.

Mine does the same thing sometimes. Watch how you hold it. I used to hold the slide release down with my thumb and it would not lock open. This could be your problem.

Back