Tokarev / cz markings

ronz

Fired a friends cz52 now I need a tokarev of my own
I’m mainly concerned if they have manufacture mark for accuracy
The first one I want to get is a polish ttc or possibly if I can find one a tt33 I haven’t been able to find anything about markings on them yet
After the ttc I also want to get a cz52 for them I heard it goes by the marks on the barrel 1 for the best to 4 for the worst
After hearing that I checked my dad’s cz24 witch is extremely accurate and it has 1 dot on the top barrel lug so would that be a standard marking for all old cz’s
Btw I borrowed my dad’s cz to use on a snubby league I knew he got it from his uncle Joe but just found out that it was a bring back

The dots are on the slide, not the barrel. Also, the amount of dots versus quality really trips my BS meter. The vz52 is a military firearm, and I doubt they would issue known crap. The dots are probably hardness tests, with subsequent tests until properly hardened.

Well checked the cz again no marks on the slide
Marking it on the slide would be more logical
It didn’t seem right that they would take it apart to mark it
But they would have defiantly issued known crap
The Russian philosophy is reliability over performance and during ww2 if it shoots its good enough
Don’t forget they would set up there machine guns to shoot their own troops if they retreated
My physical therapist is Russian and 25 years ago we were both being trained to kill each other
But we were talking about ww2 and Russian weapons he brought up that there is still a lot of anger in Russia over that because they used it as an excuse not to pay pensions to the widows

The hypothesis that the dots represent accuracy is nonsense. There are identical dots stamped on various parts all throughout the pistol. Do those dots represent the various qualities of the assorted parts? How is the quality of each part judged?

They are marks left over from hardness testing.

Found another site that explains the marking pretty good http://www.ai4fr.com/main/page_militaria__collectibles_other_cz_52.html
Already found that one but thanks for the link cheapshooter spent a couple of hours searching before I broke down and asked might have been searching for the ttc but whatever I used for the key words was wrong found it right away when I did a search today even a few more myths about what the dots are for where the bullets hit or amount of times in for repairs but I also think they are just hardness test marks
Now I just have to wait for my c&r to come in the mail

The key thing to remember is that a CZ52 is not a Tokarev, it just happens to shoot the 7.62x25 round. Some CZ52s have very tight chambers and you may have to set the COL back on the ammo to get all of the rounds to chamber. You also have to always check the barrel lockup bushings for wear and keep them lubed. Parts are not interchangeable with the Tokarev. You also have to keep an eye on all of the pins as they tend to back out. A number of countries made the Tokarev: China, Russia, Yugosolvia, Poland. They will feed and fire just about any 7.62x25 round. Most parts are interchangeable between makers. I would start with a real Tokarev first.

Back