Todays carry

marano

12-07-2021
Y4S6m6Z.jpg

JrNX2PU.jpg

Feel free to add what your carrying today. That was my thought with this thread kinda of a what are u wearing.

Today it's my fairly recently made Beretta 1935 in a Desantis pocket holster.

Attachments

• 1935-01-small.jpg
    1935-01-small.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 166
OP: December 7th carry > December 8th.

My carry is Glock 19 represented by top right target.
6 inch circles were at 7-8 yards, shots were quick approximate 1/3 - 1/2 second between shots.
30 rounds on each except top left which was just 10.

Attachments

• Nov23.jpg
    Nov23.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 123
I don't have a picture of it right now, but my "today's carry" for much of the last 20 or so years has been a Smith & Wesson 042 Centennial Airweight.

There's also a Taurus PT 22 in there, as well, when I need something really small.

I'm slowly transitioning over to a Walther CCP 9mm, though, but the ammo shortage has limited the amount of pre-carry testing I've been able to do.

Going traditional today.

Today it is my between the wars commercial market Walther Model 4 in a commercial grade AKAH (Albrecht Kind) holster with one spare magazine.

When I found the AKAH holster online too many years ago I thought it was for the PP or PPK but neither fit well. Even the magazines were so tight in the slot that it was near impossible to pull them out.

Then I noticed a really faded partial ink stamp under the flap that looked like W4 so tried the little Model 4 and both handgun and magazines were a perfect fit. The little holster was almost as expensive back then as what I had paid for the Walther. Both items though are commercial rather than war-time grade so fit and finish are higher than on the war-time production items.

Hey marano, I like your style. Of course, you can see why. This was today's carry for me.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20211214_230558531.jpg
    IMG_20211214_230558531.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,289
All are nice guns, but I guess I'm not good enough to be switching triggers every day. I like to keep a consistent trigger pull and standardized on 1 (my Glocks). I wish years ago I had started out with a Walther PPQ and was all Walther, but too many rounds have already formed a groove. My only exception is for size/weight with my LPC II when/if situations forces it.

Back