Today's Ammo Test

Bulldozer

DISCLAIMER: NOT SCIENTIFIC, BUT DAMNED FUN!

Put 200 rounds through a Taurus PT-911. 150 of these being 115 FMC by PMC and 50 Federal 147 Hydrashok JHP. Targets were 2 litre soda bottles filled with water and wrapped in thick, oily rags and backed by 2 inch thick wood. I recovered several of the rounds from the tree which was behind the wood. The 147 JHP failed to expand due to clogging of the cavity in most cases. the times it did expand were dramatic. I feel a bit more comfy having the wife-to-be packing these in her gun, but I want to test 115 and 124 grainers too.

This may sound silly... but I like swimming pools.
If you have a private pool - and a "Deep End" this is a good place to fire a few rounds and examine expansion and compare different rounds.
Now - be carefull - if you shoot through to the bottom of your pool you could have some problems... but if you do some preplanning and you find your deep enough - the bullets will loose all its energy and sink to the bottom to be picked up when ever your ready. Set the gun down before diving in unless your a SEAL.
Plastic Pools from Wal Mart or Above Ground pools are not suitable.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

When I shot handguns I used a cardboard box filled with wet newspaper. It worked so-so. Pretty easy to clean up after too.

Back