To Jeff OTMG...

Redhook

If no one has thanked you yet, and I certainly hope they did, thanks for the shotshot report. For thoes of us poor slobs who couldn't go, we wish we were in your shoes... well at least for those four days.

Please keep us informed about that Walther P99 .22's! I can't stop drooling. Well it was either the Walther or the ladies at the Springfield booth.

Anyway, do you know if Walther has plans to get these .22's approved for us here in Kali? If you hear anything, please let us know!

-Red-

Your welcome Redhook! Actually many have expressed thanks, there was a thread on it last month. Your thanks is appreciated, not like I get paid for this, and I hope to continue to do the reports. I have captured last years report from the TFL archives and will be adding it to the site so we should be able to get a good history going after a few years. I can't guarantee the accuracy of the reports because all I can do is write what they tell me, if they lie to me then I have to lie to you, so you won't always find the info perfect. I did it because I know what it is like for the neat stuff to be shown and then not get to read about it in the gun mags for months. This way you guys get to see it as soon as all the writers and I do. Big thanks goes to Roger Alumbaugh for providing the server space to present the reports, he is also involved in the litigation against HCI. I like you guys and all, but I wasn't going to buy a server to hold the reports. ;-) I added pictures this year as well, thanks to my son, and if anyone has any suggestions to improve things for next years reports I would love to hear it. I am already planning on changing the background color on the website to make it easier to read.

All I know about the Walthers is in the reports, but I will tell you that when the demand drops down to match supply (ie. the price is at the $200 level as it is suppose to be) I will be standing at a shop with money in hand for one of those P22's, maybe even two of them. Sorry, no Kali info, but maybe someone else here will hear something.

Thanks Cawdor,

I got an e-mail back from Walther USA (a.k.a. S&W! Actually, they aren't even hiding it. This came back from a S&W representative) and they claim that the P22 will be out in April. I guess your prediction about higher prices was a little off Jeff. If the prices on Ultimate Outdoors is correct, then they appear to be spot on with what you predicted the selling price will be after supply met demand. I too am curious about the "first edition".

-Red-

Walther USA also gave me the April date, and offered to send me a brochure on the P22, though it has not arrived.

P22 Brochure

My understanding is that the First Edition will include both barrels.....
View

View

......SmithNut

I spoke with Walther customer service this morning and they have no idea what the "First Edition" model is. Granted, she was only working off of the data sheet that she had. But she did ask around. Both barrels would definitely be a nice option. Especially for the extra $40.

-Red-

Can't wait

I'm still waiting for literiture from S&W ...Walther
Cowdor thanks for the link
Smithnut...ditto the pics
Jeff + Redhook keep this thread alive
I will let you guys know as some as I hear anything from Walther

TY
GD

Back