To Cornered Rat

My impression is that Russia has moved from Communism to Fascism...makes for more productive populace that can be fleeced better. They might look "better' compared to the old-style Commies, but the sentiments do not change.

Russia has considerable military capability. Among other things, ROTC-style courses are taught to everyone in high school. However, I do not think they are organized enough to win a major war. They do have enough resources to launch one.

No one in England thought that the Dutch could sail right into London and shell it back in 17c century. They did, and got away with it, too. No one thought that Japan could attack the US...they did and, while they did not get away with it, they did major damage.

I would not underrate the insanity levels of the Chinese and Russian politicos...their brass might know what's up, but the civilian leaders may well be too optimistic. I do not think they are any more rational than some US counterparts.

Personally, I think any aid to Russia is a waste: it merely makes the current government there more stable. I'd prefer to see them break up into what China was in the late 20s.

I do not think they would attack by design...but I also think they are nuts and could mess up the rest of the world along the way...if they were ever deluded into thinking they could win.

------------------
Cornered "but cheery" Rat
http://ddb.com/RKBA

Thanks for your reply!

I wanted some insight from someone who had lived there. And for obvious reasons you were chosen! :D

I tried to e-mail you this site, but for some reason it would not go through.

------------------
John/az

"Just because something is popular, does not make it right."

Back