Title II "Loophole"

Today while waiting for a connecting flight in the Phoenix airport, I heard the talking heads on CNN blathering about a "Title II Loophole" which supposedly allowed the unwashed masses to purchase "high-powered" weapons. Unfortunately the background noise mostly overrode the audio, so all I could really see was the banner headline. Anyone know what this is all about? :confused:

This is not really news. Somebody at CNN just learned what an NFA Title II trust is, i.e. pay attorney to establish a trust for you and NFA weapons become less difficult to acquire in some jurisdictions. Note I didn't say "easy". I just said "less difficult". And they DON'T get any cheaper. :rolleyes:

Google "NFA Title II trust". :)

Loophole

An individual applying to buy/transfer an NFA registered weapon generally needs approval of the "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" in his jurisdiction (usually a county sheriff or city police chief). A non-individual (corporation) has all the other requirements but does not require the approval of the "chief law enforcement officer" under federal laws (that same approval may still be required under state law)

Also with an LLC, Corp or Trust you do not have to submit any photos or fingerprints.
Plus you can set up the trust so there's more than one trustee (essentially more than one person who can legally possess/use the item). It also makes acquiring more than one controlled item easier since you don't have to go through the entire process a second time. The trust already exists, so assuming it was set up properly the first time you just have to add another item to the trust.

To the anti-gun gangsters there is only one "loophole" - the one that keeps them from ordering the execution of everyone who ever owned a gun or even thought about owning a gun. And they want that loophole closed. Heil Brady!

Jim

As to the cost of Title 2 items, (NFA arms), the Hughes Amendment, circa 1986 screwed that pooch nicely.

Back