Titanium nitride refinishing

MRW

I've heard extraordinary things about this--that it's more durable than hard chrome, NEVER wears off, is more corrosion resistant than nickle, more lubricative than NP3 etc etc. I'd love to know if anyone here has any actual experience in having had a gun refinished in Ti nitride, and how that went. Apparently the only company who does it is Limcat in California. Thanks for any feedback.

I've been chasing the stuff for some time. There are a couple of places that have done guns, but they've quite due to the attendant hassle. It is not a small business proposition as there are hazardous wastes and fumes associated with it. I think the start-up costs are probably close to half a mil.

I strongly suspect that Glocks "Tennifer" (spelling?) finish in TiN. The finish can be adjusted as to color. The specs look very similar.

Giz

------------------
"I don't make enough money to buy cheap stuff" - Mark Manning

I've sent an email to Tigold asking for details, and will report what they say. Apparently the actual process is Ti carbonitride, which is the black version. Ti nitride is gold.

I have also requested info about estimated cost and turn around time.
The big question for me is what color? A Gold P7M8? Bronze?

What color would you pick?

AWH

Yes, a gold P7 for anyone other than Liberace or Goldfinger just doesn't do it. But black is also available. Apparently also purple and blue if your taste runs a bit to the racy side.

Back