Titanium loads

sox

I am curious if others have tried and could comment on the following loads. I am trying to find the ideal round for the Titanum snub. P.S. don't even recommend Federal Nyclad- that is a handful even in standard pressure. I am curious as to the Discontinued winchester silvertip 95Gr +p @~1100FPS from a 4". Winchester winclean 125JHP @ 775FPS. The ammo companies really need to address this special group of users. I really want to practice with my carry gun, and I think it is plausible with the right ammo selection. Another good load conceptually is an attenuated 148Grain downloaded to velocity which would give only 12-14" penetration in gelatin vs. 20 or so.

Typically, an expanding load that goes faster will penetrate less. This is because the additional speed causes the bullet to open quicker or more fully, stopping the round shallower. Many in the "deep penetrator" school (no cracks, here) eschew max loads because of this reason.

Yeah guys, conceptually I am aware of that. I am seeking advice on controllability of these three rounds.

Back