Tipton cleaning rod

shooter43

I'm planning on buying one of Tipton's deluxe cleaning rods, I have read many good reviews and seen that they are pretty durable and do not snap or break like aluminum or brass rods. Can any jag or mop you have fit that rod or do you have to strictly buy Tipton's products to clean with?

thanks for the info. I know they have different lengths like the 36" and the 26", do you have to buy separate rods for each caliber gun you have or is there some sort of universal rod that fits any gun?

Length is dependent on barrel+action length. Then add about an inch so you don't crunch your fingers repeatedly!

Trust me, I had one that was too short to use with the long action on one of my rifles, even though it was longer than the barrel.:mad:

I see. I just went on their website and saw that the 36" will fit both my 22 and 30-30 caliber rifles. Will it also fit my 12 gauge? It's a single shot with a long 28" barrel but I don't know if they make specific shotgun rods too.

I believe that they are all the same diameter (the rod that is). They have a standard screw thread for the attachments (brushes, cloths, etc.). Erring on the longer side is best - not only to prevent the rapped knuckle thing but you may someday have a gun with a longer barrel and you should (practicality notwithstanding) never need more than one.
B

There is a larger diameter rod, with differently threaded fittings for shotguns. There is also an adapter to use the two different fittings together.

Back