Timney triggers

variantis

Nightcrawlers post investigating the Rem870 and some of the responses has me curious ...

Anyone have experience with a Timney trigger on the 870? I've ran across mention of them before, but few specifics. Care to comment? Also, http://www.timneytriggers appears to no longer be valid as a server name. Anyone have a link for online resources?

Thanks (IA).

Never had a Timney trigger on an 870, but did on a bench rifle long ago.Good quality.And while I know a trapshooter or two that have them, I don't hear them proclaimed as superior to the factory one. And that's revealing, since trap shooters love to brag about their equipment...

As I understand it, Timney first made 870 triggers for trap shooters, who will buy darn near any gadget if they think it'll buy them a bird(G). The slug crowd picked up on the Timneys when the big push in Slug/Slug Gun R&D was on in the 70s and 80s, and a lot of custom slug guns got them.

Aside, I've heard that the Mossy bolt action 12 gauge that serves as a base for super accurate slug guns with E R Shaw bbls,etc, have some Timney trigger adapted to them,but I've not seen any.

Since the factory trigger is either acceptable as is or amenable to tweaking at a reasonable price,a Timney trigger is way down my list of things to get....

Back