Timney Rifle Basix or Jard for Savage 110

jamcpherson

Inactive
I have an older 110 in 270win with a terrible trigger. I have heard mixed things about all these triggers. I also read somewhere that with the rifle basix trigger the gun would still fire in the safe position if more than 9lbs of pressure was applied.

i would be using the trigger for hunting so anywhere between 2.5-3.5lbs would be okay. looking for cleanest and safest option.

also read on here where some guy will retrofit old savages w/ accutrigger for $50 but i am not sure it would be as good as aftermarket.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

j

i can only speak for the Timney. simple swap, three position safety, 2.5 lbs & i think it's perfect. mine is in a Vanguard though. i would think the Savage would be the same in quality.

I would do the timney the 2lbs sounds like a good deal for hunting

Myself I like the Match at about 7 ounce .... My new build will have a SSS Evolution @ 4 ounce or the Rifle Basix II @ 4 or 5 ounce

I've put Rifle Basix and Timney triggers in Savages, and have been very happy with both. Under 3 lb, nice clean break, big accuracy improvement. Never tried to put 9 lb on one with the safety on; in fact, I can't even think of a reason to try that. If you deliberately try to break a safety system on a rifle, you'll succeed a lot of the time.

thanks for all the replies and advice.

i am leaning towards a timney or accutrigger retrofit. just not sold on which would be better.

also going to get a thumbhole stock to replace the stock junker.

Back