Timney Calvin Elite Triggers?

Sierra280

With the recent news about Remington's XMP triggers I was going to order a replacement from Timney (something I'd been considering for some time). On Timney's website I saw these new 'Calvin Elite' triggers; they appear to be a product meant to directly compete with Jewell. I like Timney triggers and their easy (basically drop-in) installation, so now I'm considering going with the Calvin Elite, but can't really find any reviews on them.

Anyone here have a Timney Calvin Elite? Is it really worth the extra $100??

Here's the link: www.timneytriggers.com/shop/Calvin-Elite-Remington-Model-700-P51.aspx

Last edited:
If you're needing a lighter trigger pull than the regular Timney provides then yes they are probably worth the extra $100.

The one review I've read from a user of it really liked it. I think for me it would come down to what I'm going to do with the rifle. If it's a hunting rig then I'm going with the standard trigger, if it is a varmint\target setup I would probably go with the Calvin Elite.

If you can find an older model 700 trigger, it takes very little work to make them super nice hunting triggers, and the regular Timneys are super also.

I've had three so far(Timney) and performance has been stellar.

Back