timing out....

fubsy

Im experiencing very long delays in loading the tfl page and most oftenit will time out...on the rare occasions lately that ive been able to get to the forums....once I click on a forum I experience the same problem.....and if I attempt to access a thread in the forum in the same.....is this just me?,,,Is there something I need to be doing in order to change that??..fubsy

Check your ping rate after you get on.

Go to a command line and type :Ping www.thefiringline.com

If you're running Win95 go to "Start".. to Run. and then type in "command" to access a command line.

Poz

I dont know what that means but here is the results.....
32 bytes time =422ms ttl= 244
32 bytes time =378ms ttl= 244
32 bytes time =417ms ttl= 244
32 bytes time =295ms ttl= 244
tks for the help...fubsy.

Your ping rate is pretty slow compared to mine. Either you have a slow modem or there is a bottleneck between your computer and TFL. E-mail your ISP and see what they think.

I don't know how widespread it has been, but a major carrier (Sprintlink Net) has been on the fritz all day

ankenney + dc....
Ill chk with isp and see....this time I was able to get right through, like I had been...my modem is 56k, and the connection I get is usually 52k, with an occasional 28.8...Ill keep trying...tks fubsy.

Fubsy,
I've been having the same problem. I've noticed it seems to come and go at various times. I think, or at least I hope, the ISP is overloaded. My kids have had the same problem with some of the sites they visit.

grayfox
it could be just an overloaded isp.....im getting through rapidly the last two times Ive tried......fubsy.

I tried to get in about 15 times today over a period of about 5 hours. Got timed out every time. I also experienced this on darn near everything gun related I tried to get into. I have found this to be a consistantly intermittant problem.
Paul B
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Back