'Time to run some heavies thru the Blackhawk.

Beagle333

I bought this one in a Group Buy, I believe it was last summer, and never got around to casting any of 'em. So I got it out tonight to look over. It looks purdy as ever! Hopefully I can dirty it up a little this weekend. :)

Picture034_zps79a38b44.jpg

It has the penta pins and this one comes with both fat and skinny HP pins.
Supposedly, using 50/50 COWW/SOWW lead:
Solids ~ 187 gr
Penta ~ 177 gr
Large HP ~ 176 gr
Small HP ~ 180 gr
I don't know why the alignment pins aren't completely blued, it has never even been through a heat cycle. That's just the way it comes.
Picture027_zpse003bdee.jpg

Last edited:
Man, you are KILLING me!!! I took a group out for a basic handgun proficiency exam yesterday and only fired 18 rounds myself--none of which I could even enjoy. I don't even wanna think about the casting and developing time I haven't had lately!

BTW--vacation is in just over a week--spending it at home catching up do-lists. You're at the top.

Let me get this straight,,,---you've had this mold for almost a year without ever using it? The five MP molds that I have none have stayed cold once under my roof! You could see a trail of packing materials leading to the casting pot from the front door! The wait for the lead to come up to temp was used for cleaning/degreasing the mold!

Man this forum software is getting bad! It won't let me put smilies or change font or anything. So I'll add to the above, I'm really kidding around, just a bit of ribbing.

Is that a 640 nose type? IE RNFP? That should be a winner for heavy 357 magnum revolvers, or especially a lever action rifle.

I did NOT cast these, just some pics.

Let me get this straight,,,---you've had this mold for almost a year without ever using it?
Yep Snuffy, it's true :o
But I was gonna use this one in my Marlin, but Mom won't give it back! :mad: She wanted it to keep racoons out of her dog food bins and she loves it and won't give it up.

Well, since the image button isn't working..... if I can remember my HTML skills, here is a link to three images posted on the group buy page from another guy who did use his right after getting it. :D

Well.... after reading the rules, I can't link to the images, but I can provide a clickable link. So....

http://ehotdns.com/CB/38-180-hp-800.jpg
http://ehotdns.com/CB/180-38-pile-o-boolits-800.jpg
http://ehotdns.com/CB/180-357-loaded.jpg

Last edited:
Yea he is killin me too. I jacked up my back a couple of weeks ago and it's all I can do to make it through the day at work much less come home and consider sitting down to pour much less load anything.

I have however made it to the country and I promise that I will have something to show for it before Monday evening.

It might hurt to do it, but I think I can force myself to get though it. I do have some pretty decent 80 proof medicine to help relieve any lingering issues I might have after doing so.:eek: Least it will loosen me up enough to get a decent nights sleep anyway.:D

Jeez o pete! :eek: ya gonna shoot those things, or drink margaritas out of 'em?

I've seen strip pits shallower than those :p Pics stuff shot with them please!

Back