TIME Gun Poll

richardb

Time is running a poll about gun control: let's give them our opinion:

http://www.pathfinder.com/time/polls/gunpoll.html

Well, I have been keeping tabs on this one and progun was big time ahead. But I guess it did not suit them for they took the poll down. Every time I have attempted to see the results, here is the message:

We are sorry, the page you've attempted to reach has been moved, renamed or taken off the site.

You can search for what you are looking for or visit the TIME.com homepage for a selection of other choices.

If you have other questions, please send mail to help@pathfinder.com.

THIS REALLY SUCKS!! THEY DON'T LIKE THE RESULTS SO THEY SHUT IT DOWN.

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

hERE WAS THE LATEST RESULTS:

1. Do you own a gun?
75.58% Yes
24.33% No
2. Should the U.S. have stricter gun control laws?
6.75% Yes
93.24% No
3. Do you believe that allowing people to carry concealed weapons reduces crime?
92.19% Yes
7.78% No
4. Do you believe that U.S. cities should sue gun manufacturers to recoup money spent dealing with gun-related crime?
1.96% Yes
98.00% No
5. How would you rate the effectiveness of the Brady Bill and the assault-weapons ban in preventing the illegal use and distribution of guns?
0.53% Very effective
3.81% Somewhat effective
6.16% Somewhat effective
87.20% Not at All effectIVE
2.24% Don't know

Total Votes Cast: 33391

IF YOU CAN GET TO THE SITE, KEEP VOTING!!

http://www.pathfinder.com/time/polls/gunpoll.html

well, they closed that poll w/ pro-gun comming out on top, but they've got a new poll now. there isn't but 2 questions. so far out of 3000+ people, the pro-gun is way ahead!!!

------------------
fiat justitia

Something bothersome about polls like this...

Who in the screaming blue hell are the idiots who think GC laws are effective?

OK, stupid question. The laws are effective... just not at disarming criminals.

------------------
How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day?
I answer, that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it.
--Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"

Here is the link to the new poll:

http://cgi.pathfinder.com/time/daily/poll/0,2637,guncontrol,00.html

Tell them how you feel.
I agree with Coinneach. The laws are effective... just not at disarming criminals. NO MORE LAWS!! PROSECUTE the current (and illegal) laws.

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

I wish I had gotten there in time for the first poll. In the second poll we are still kicking butt!

Should the U.S. have sricter gun control?
Yes 24.62%
No 73.98%
Not sure 1.39%

How do you rate the effectiveness of Brady etc....
very effective 2.98
somewhat effective 7.33%
somewhat ineffective 12.76%
not at all effective 73.21%
don't know 3.68%

Now, I wonder if this one will disappear?

You can go directly to the two question poll by typing:

http://cgi.pathfinder.com/time/daily/poll/
0,2637,guncontrol,00.html

*note: the commas and no 'www'

I tried to reach that second poll, but all I got was a blank screen. I guess they didn't like the way it was going.
However, I was able to pull up the original poll, and I printed it out. I am going to send it to my Commie Congressman and ask him what part of this poll does he not understand. I have also copied three other polls from the last months, and this months "Be Counted" poll that are in our favor. I have one other to dig up, but again in our favor.
Dime'll get you a buck he never looks at it.
Anyway I'll try. Maybe if everyone prints out these polls and send them in, maybe they'll get the idea.
Paul B.
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Paul B: I just voted on the second poll, give it another try.

As I was submitting my vote, I glanced at the little disclaimer about such polls not being scientific, etc... That's because, obviously, only those people who care enough to vote actually do so.

Now, I've seen more polls leaning toward 'our side' than toward the 'antis side', sometimes leaning sharply toward 'our side'. It occurs to me that this doesn't mean a vast majority of people necessarily agree with 'our side', it just means that the vast majority of people 'in the middle' simply don't care at all, so they don't vote.

-boing

Boing. I did try again after my post. Actually it took three more tries before I got in, but I voted.
BTW. I have been screaming (figuratively speaking) at my representatives the equivilant of "It hurts," since GCA 68. Unfortunately the bastards don't listen. Sorry for the French, but I'm mad as hell, and I won't take it anymore.
Paul B
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Back