Tikka T3x Lite

epl1007

Does anyone have experience with this rifle. If so any problems and what do you like about it. Debating getting one in 7mm08 or 6.5 Creedmoor for deer since it’s a little rifle and will kick like a mule.
Thanks

Lightweight, slick action, quality.
Seem to be encountering a few complaints re: accuracy, but most have no issues.

I am an unapologetic Ruger fan. I do not own a Tikka. I still think they are the best value in a rifle today. The price is right and it is extraordinarily rare that one isn't near benchrest accurate. Rare are any issues with Tikka. Those few that have needed Tikka customer service generally don't give them high marks.

I got one in a 243 for my daughter. Shoots 1/2 to 3/4" with the right bullets. Tikka tend to have slower twist rates and favor lighter bullets. Select the right bullet and will shoot sub moa. They have a good trigger for a stock trigger.

I have a T3 lite stainless in 30-06. Before I even shot it I put a limbsaver replacement pad on it which increased the LOP more to my liking. Compared to what I normally haul into the woods this rifle feels lighter than the specified weight, which is quite nice. I also used one-piece tally base/rings instead of the issued rings.

My trigger has a slight hint of creep that only shows up at the bench, but otherwise this rifle is very much as good as advertised.

I own one in a 30-06 caliber. Very accurate rifle, sub-moa at 200 yards using a 165 grain bullet. Has an adjustable trigger for trigger pull. Just talked my brother into buying one in the same caliber a 7mm-08. You will not be disappointed.

The felt recoil on my Tikka appears to be less than on my Savage 110, and it weighs less. It comes with a great pad on the stock.

I've got one. 30-06 and stainless.

It's a great rifle!

Slick and reliable action. Feels good. Looks good. I think I put a softer limbsaver pad on mine as well. I like that it has a removable box magazine. Trigger is nice. And I have had no problem keeping groups under one inch at 100 yards.

Recoil is no problem for me with the limbsaver pad when standing. Shooting from a bench, it jumps quite a bit, and I've gotta be sure to shoot it correctly or it might give my safety glasses a bit of a bump.

I'm glad I have one in 30-06. But a little lighter recoil would be nice too.

I think it's a very nice rifle for the money.

Last edited:
Back