Tikka T3 v. Remington 700 BDL??

blackbear2

Inactive
I am looking into buying a new 270win and I am looking for opinions on whether or not to buy the Tikka T3 Lite or the Remington 700 BDL. Right now I am leaning towards the Tikka because of the great reviews. The recoil of the Tikka is not an issue for me and I heard that the material of the magazine is the same as the Glock. What do you think?

As someone who owns models of T3 and 700, I would take the T3 every time. Everyone of my 700s has been free floated, glass or pillar bedded and Timney triggers installed for best accuracy. The T3 is ready to go right out of the box, extremely smooth action, great adjustable trigger and amazing accuracy. Limbsaver and Kick-Eez make fitted recoil pads if you want to change it.

I own both also, in MHO both are great rifles in the field & on the range.Its all in what you like & feels best to you. mine are 2 different animals the 700 is a 300WM with some goodies 26'' BULL barrel shoots great & hits hard. The T-3 is a 22-250 varmint its a bad little fella also great shooter.:D

I fondled both extensivly before getting my tikka, i just love it, not even lookin at another brand for the next rifle, maybe sako if the budget agrees

I find myself carrying my .243 Win, Tikka T3 Lite when on long walks out back of the house. It not only shoots great, but so easy to lug around. Still hoping to shoot a coyote with it, but don't plan on night hunting in cold Maine winters.

Between the BDL and Tikka, I'd take the Tikka. It would be a tough call on Tikka vs 700 Mt rifle vs Remington 7, but I'd lean towards the Mt rifle unless price was the determining factor.

My friends have 700s in .308 and .223, and Tikkas in .308 and .30-06, and I get to shoot them pretty often. I prefer the shootability and triggers on the 700s, but the accuracy of both Tikkas is far superior.

depends

There may be more aftermarket accessories for the 700 like trigger up grades faster firing pin and spring sets and lots of other fun things but if your prone to leave it stock like god and the factory made it the Tikka looks like a real good buy on a nice rifle.
bb

I also have both and as stated above both are great rifles. My Tikka T3 Varmit in the 308 win. is the most accurate out of the box rifle I have ever had. Would not hesitate to purchase another.

If between the two I would go with The Tikka. JMO

Not trying to derail, but if you want a pretty wood stock and an accurate rifle give the TC Icon a look. Between the 700 BDL and the Tikia I would choose the 700. Tikia's are good out of the box, but none of my 700's were left un-modified. I have shot a few Tikia's and my opinion was neutral on them. I have owned 18 700's. I still have most of them.

Last edited:
I have a rem 700 bdl in the 22-250 and love it. But I had heard that the tikka was a tack driver so I wanted some first hand feedback. I don't really want to dink around with the gun, so the tikka sounds like my best option right now. Thank you for the tip about the "Hunter" in Wisconsin. I will keep my eyes open for one in Idaho now or I'll have the local gun shop order one for me. :D

Back